Published On: Sat, Mar 3rd, 2018

Dutch brewing company Heineken opens $500m brewery in Meoqui, Mexico

Tagged with: | | | |

: Dutch brewing company has inaugurated a new $500 million worth brewery in Meoqui in the Mexican province of for its subsidiary Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma.

The new Heineken brewery in is capable of producing six million hectolitres per year.

It will be the Dutch brewing company’s seventh brewery in the Central American country and will produce beer brands like Heineken, Dos Equis and Tecate for the domestic and international markets.

The new Meoqui brewery joins other Heineken breweries in Mexico, located at Toluca, Orizaba, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Tecate and Navojoa.

Commenting on the new Heineken brewery in Mexico, Jean-François van Boxmeer – chairman of the Executive Board and CEO of Heineken said: “Mexico is an important market for HEINEKEN. With a developing economy, a rich geographical and demographic diversity and a flourishing beer sector, we see great additional potential here.

“I am proud that the Meoqui brewery will be one of our biggest and ‘greenest’ breweries showcasing our long-term commitment to the country, the region and the environment.”

Heineken Meoqui brewery

. Photo courtesy: Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma/Heineken Mexico.

The new Heineken brewery in Mexico has committed to use 100% renewable power for its operations, with 12% of it to come from its windows which contain photovoltaic cells while the remaining 88% to be delivered by wind power.

The Heineken Meoqui brewery will also feature a wastewater treatment plant. This plant will enable biogas to be used in boilers and will also reuse treated water for the cleaning of shared facilities and the irrigation purpose.

Heineken says that the Meoqui brewery will strive to use only two litres of water to produce a litre of beer by 2020.

The new Heineken brewery in Mexico was announced in March 2015 and has involved over 2,000 construction workers. The Meoqui brewery will have 500 permanent employees to take care of its operations, as reported by Agencia EFE.

Javier Corral Jurado – Governor of Chihuahua, commenting on the new Heineken brewery in Mexico, said: “HEINEKEN’s new brewery in Meoqui will produce significant economic advantage to the area, which will be a reference for the state and an incentive for other industries.”

Related posts

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>